Friday, June 26, 2009
Combine a small scoop of ice cream, shaved ice, and syrup of your choice, top it off with a swirl of cream, and you have yourself a brain freeze. Kid-triguing flavors range from Hawaiian coconut and pineapple to the Spiderman: raspberry and blueberry. That should keep ’em quiet for awhile. 3119 E. 3300 South, SLC, no phone, but you can find Bob on facebook.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Just one of the many reasons I love him.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Okay then. Let's do a Christmas recap.
Highlights of the Most Wonderful Time of the Year:
- Always entertaining, fun-filled and amusing White Elephant party with friendlies at Peteys cabin.
- Doing several nights of "true spirit of Christmas" activities, such as going to a live Nativity put on by a stake in the Sugarhouse area (complete with a live camel and sheep, Roman guards and, of course, Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus).
- Cheesy Christmas Sweater Hen Party (or GNO).
- Cooper's sheer excitement for Christmas (and us being able to threaten calling Santa to keep him in line when needed).
- Madre renting a cabin outside of McCall, Idaho, for whole family to celebrate Christmas together.
- Spending Christmas Eve making homemade ornaments, complete with popcorn & cranberry garland, and decorating the freshly cut, scrawny tree.
- Spending a truly snow-filled Christmas holiday at a cabin.
- Snow tubing outing at lift-served tubing park in McCall.
- Playing several hours of Bananagrams (New game we gave Scott for Christmas--think speed scrabble. Do not think of banana hammocks.)
Lowlights of the holiday madness:
- Staying up until 12:30 am Dec. 22 to pack and wrap all presents so we could be all set to wake up, load the car and head out for Christmas-ing on Dec. 23.
- Waking up Dec. 23 with the flu.
- Deciding at 5:00 pm to suck up being sick at still drive to Twin Falls so we wouldn't have to make the whole drive to McCall on Christmas Eve.
- Packing up all of Christmas.
- Having to drive to Twin Falls on the old highway because the freeway is closed from snow storms and it adding another 1.5 hours to our trip.
- Waking up Christmas morning to my first (full-force) monthly friend (i.e., period) since having Brody (luckily my sis-in-law was prepared for such an occasion).
- Cabin having major plumbing issues.
- Brody's uncooperative sleep patterns. (Typically, I'm not into kitchy kid wear with little sayings and all, but Brody's Christmas pj outfit was too fitting to not get: All Mom Wants for Christmas is a Silent Night!)
- Slicing my thumb on a can lid while making dinner after getting home from tubing and having to go back into McCall to the ER to get stitches. 7 stitches. Broke a 31-year streak of never having to go to the ER.
Peace out to 2008 and Ah Ya to 2009!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
This is not the first time he has said DA DA. And before all you naysayer start spewing, ask Cooper as he is my witness. Nicole even admitted that "he says DA DA all the time" she then tried to discredit Brody by saying "but not on purpose." I disagree because when I walk in his room he sees me and says DA DA. Nicole just doesn't realize that when he says DA DA to her, he's saying "hey mom, where's dad?" Case closed chumps.
Next item.....Nicole had an affair. She won't say who it was with and I found out because we got pulled over by a cop and he said, "Didn't I pull you over yesterday?" Of course I asked her what the cop was talking about and caught her lying about where she had been. After a while she admitted she was having an affair. So I asked, "Didn't you tell him you were married?" and she, nonchalantly with a shrug of her shoulders, said "no." I then asked her who it was she was having an affair with and she wouldn't say. I was so mad that I woke up from my dream! In the morning, Nicole got peppered with questions, but she, of course, nonchalantly said "no"....hmmm, just like in the dream. But she has apologized for having an affair in my dream and we've decided to try and work things out and stay together for the children's sake. Nicole says my dream is payback for the regular dreams she has of us being back in our dating/broken-up phase and me still being non-committal.